About the job
As part of our exciting future growth plan, Bioforum has an opportunity for an experienced biostatistician to join our group in Bloemfontein, South Africa.
Purpose: Works alongside the Director: Biostatistics to provide biostatistical support and services related to clinical trials.
- An Honours degree (a Masters degree will be an advantage) in a statistics related field.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a biostatistician working on clinical trials.
- Working knowledge of SDTM and ADaM requirements.
- Ability to program in SAS.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills.
Duties will include:
- Write Statistical Analysis Plans (SAPs) for clinical trials.
- Develop Table, Listing and Figure (TLF) shells associated with the study SAP.
- Create SDTM, ADaM and/or derived dataset specifications as required.
- Development of SAS programs for study TLFs focussing on efficacy and/or statistical modelling.
- Review statistical output produced by the statistical programming team.
- Review the Clinical Study Report (CSR) for appropriateness of statistical methodology described, result reported, and conclusions stated.
- This can be an office-based (in Bloemfontein) or homebased position (anywhere in South Africa).
The final position offered will range from Biostatistician I to Principal Biostatistician, based on experience and abilities presented during the interview phase.